Tuesday 20 October 2009

As promised..

Doodle Tutorial!

Make a note in your diary - that's 2 posts on my blog in 2 days! Reckon that's a record! lol

So I told you yesterday I'd show you how to create the little frames I used yesterday - here's how I did it:

STEP 1:
Take a sheet of the 4 mini scalloped frames

STEP 2:
Using a Copic or Pigma fine liner to draw random circles over the frame. The more random-the better the effect. Believe it or not but it even looks better if the ends of the circle don't meet perfectly too! You can't lose!

STEP 3:
Take a a copic marker and add one colour at a time


STEP 4:
Building up the different coloured circles


STEP 5:
It's starting to come together now!

STEP 6:
Add a background colour around the coloured circles


STEP 7:
Carefully tear the perforations and pull the frame from the backing
STEP 8:
TA DA!!!! All finished!
I told you it was easy!
I'll show you some more frames I've coloured tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Hi Mary

Love this idea - those frames just come alive with your lovely dots. TFS

Love Lynda xxx